Friday, July 12, 2013

Reflections

Recently, I turned 50. Wow. It's been a time of reflection of thinking of times past and jumping forward into future plans. And you know what I've learned in all these years? Just be in the present. Simple, yet profound. In the present, there isn't any place for regret or worry. Those things cannot exist in the here and now. As I like to say, "It is what it is." Mindfulness. Just being. It's been liberating to try to retrain my brain to think this way. It's been like having a little zen garden I tend to in my brain that I can go & sit and rest. It's peaceful and calm.
As one of my favorite authors says,"Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life." ~Thich Nhat Hanh This is the journey I am on.
To live a more authentic, present, beautiful life full of peace and goodwill... to have an acceptance of oneself, and live each moment with an appreciation of what it is and who is in it. "This is a very important practice. Live your daily life in a way that you never lose yourself. When you are carried away with your worries, fears, cravings, anger, and desire, you run away from yourself and you lose yourself. The practice is always to go back to oneself." ~Thich Nhat Hanh. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment