Sunday, June 5, 2011

Laundry

One of my favorite chores to do is laundry. Yep! I find it really relaxing. If it weren't for laundry, I don't know if I'd get a chance to hear the morning birds and smell the fresh dew-laden air. I have quite a few portable dryers. This one's very economical and it was quick and easy to put up.

It's actually one of those accordion-style mug holders. We got it from our local thrift shop for less than two dollars and we posted it right outside our backdoor, so when my dishcloths are wet, I can hang them up quickly and easily to blow in the wind & dry before putting them into the laundry basket to wash up. Before, I used to put the damp kitchen cloths straight away into the laundry, but it created a musty smell and I didn't think it was a hygienically-safe thing to do.

Regular, spring-loaded clothespins hold the dishcloths on it tightly and it's just enough distance from the side of the house to catch the wind and dry pretty quickly. It's weathered the winter pretty nicely, too. It's got function & style, a great combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment